Posted November 2013
On behalf of Clients we are looking for an Operations/Project Engineer who will provide operational, technical, logistical and project management expertise to support the operation and maintenance of a marine renewable energy converter.
Working within a small team, the Operations/Project Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Assist the Operations Manager in all aspects of commissioning and day-today operational management, from planning, facilitation of procurement of bespoke and stock products and services for both onshore and offshore plant and operations.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for running sub-projects from start through to handover
- Develop and lead relationships with contractors, suppliers, and colleagues to ensure efficient and timeous execution of the project, delivering against quality and HSE milestones and targets, implement task plans, commissioning and operational procedures.
- Review of technical documentation and marine operations methodologies to deliver and maximise availability, minimise maintenance and installation and operational costs.
- Responsible for the creation of project and operations documentation including, Scope’s of Work, Risk Management Plans and permits to work.
- Proactively ensure and develop quality and HSE standards are met by all staff and contractors and act as site representative in design/fabrication sites or offshore if and when required.
- Ensure interfaces between contracts and hardware are managed
The candidate should have the ability to demonstrate:
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Offshore/marine operations experience in engineering and/or construction
- Experience in a project or operations team and in contract and project management
- Ability to establish good working relationships with third parties
- Strong influencer who will maximise input from all contributors
- Strong commercial focus, cost/value aware
- Experience in creating and maintaining Project Plans with Microsoft Project
- Experience in risk management and strong HSE awareness
The following experience is desirable:
- Power industry experience
The ideal candidate will be:
A team player who is self-motivated and solutions driven, passionate about renewable forms of energy, have a degree of fitness associated with outdoor working and/or the marine environment and personal aptitude for outdoor life and liking for marine activity
If this position is of interest to you
please send CV to
This is a permanent salaried position based in Orkney