We are seeking to hire an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team in the Orkney Islands.
Orcades Marine is looking to hire an electrical engineer to design and implement electrical systems for marine renewable electrical energy projects, as well as vessels. Candidates should be comfortable with travelling to different countries around the world and staying for extended period of time to work on projects with both the United Kingdom and Singapore offices. You should also be driven to work independently and remotely when required. Both experienced and fresh graduate candidates are welcomed to apply (renumeration package will be adjusted accordingly to experience and qualifications).
Orcades Marine has worked with pioneering technology developers in tidal and wave energy for over the past decades, and continues to be the leading consultants in the marine renewable and sustainability market. The company provides opportunities for candidates to work with state-of-art technologies, from concept design to installation, and wants to work with candidates who desire to develop their capabilities and experience in this area.
Electrical (Design) Engineer Responsibilities:
· Designing and implementing electrical systems for power generating marine renewable energy devices
· Designing and implementing electrical systems for vessels
· Work with team members to translate client’s requirements into technical specifications
· Communicate and supervise work by contractors on electrical engineering design work where necessary
· Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings (SDL etc.)
· Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment
· Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
· Travel to project locations to supervise implementation of projects
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school
· Ideally 3-5 years working experience, with involvement in system design. Fresh graduates are also welcomed to apply for junior positions
· Proficient in design and calculation software (e.g. Matlab, AutoCAD, Simulink, PSS/E etc.)
· Knowledge of applicable codes related to electrical engineering
· Independent and able to work with minimal supervision
· Should have flexible approach outside of core specialism working with the team in holistic design and collective implementation
· Comfortable with working in marine environment (No prior experience needed. Necessary induction trainings will be provided.)