We are seeking to hire an experienced Electrical/Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team.
Orcades Marine is looking to hire an experienced mechanical/electrical engineer to assist in project work which varies over the Marine Renewable, Ports and Shipping industries. The candidate will be primarily desktop based in Orkney, Scotland but will also be required for site visits and practical work when required. The candidate should also be able and willing to travel worldwide when such situations arise. The role will require the candidate to take the lead of projects as well as being a part of a team and on some occasions working on their own. Apart from technical attributes and experience we are looking for someone who has ambition to help with the growth of the company and is happy to join in with the working environment of a small family run business. They should also be flexible and happy to work on other projects and activities outside of their core discipline where appropriate.
· Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical/mechanical engineering projects and studies.
· Input and/or lead in research and feasibility studies related to electrical/mechanical engineering projects.
· Input and/or lead in design and development projects using different design software.
· Estimating material, labour, or construction costs for budget preparation.
· Travel to project locations to supervise implementation of projects.
· Input into procurement/tendering for new projects.
· Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety/Quality Assurance for projects assigned.
· MSc or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant Professional Qualification such as engineering STCW qualifications.
· Relevant working experience.
· Independent and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Should have flexible approach outside of core specialism working with the team in holistic design and collective implementation.
· Experience in shipping or port industry or the marine renewable energy industry.
· Proficient in design and calculation software.
· Knowledge of applicable codes related to mechanical/electrical engineering.
· Starting salary depending on qualification and experience.